ddd

DDD Problems

From: Hung,Angela [CIS]
Subject: DDD Problems
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:17:21 -0500

To whom this may concern,

  I am having problems getting DDD to run properly.

1)  I have a program which receives, as arguments, files to be read.  When I
run the program without DDD, it is fine - the program can read the files
without complaining.  When I try to run it with DDD, the program is unable
to read the files that are sent as arguments and outputs error messages
saying that it cannot read the file (these messages are written into my
program).

On top of that, I also get error messages from DDD saying:

------------------------------

No Source:

        /home/model/file position: No such file or directory

------------------------------

"/home/model" is the directory from which I am working.

I have made certain that the arguments that I send the program when working
with DDD are the same arguments that I send to the program without DDD.  I
am also sure that the program is being run on the same directory with DDD as
without DDD.

2)  Another problem that I am having concerns opening a program through DDD.
I have an executable file that runs properly without DDD, but can't even be
opened by DDD.  When I try to open it with DDD, I get an error message
saying:

------------------------------

No Source:

        /home/model/init.c: No such file or directory

"/home/model" is the directory from which I am working.

The program never comes up on the screen and I can't debug it, even though I
can run the program fine without DDD.  I am sure that I am in the right
directory.

If you can help me fix these problems, I would really appreciate it.  I hope
to hear from you soon.

Angela