ddd

Interacting with a remote system within DDD

From: Yegappan Lakshmanan
Subject: Interacting with a remote system within DDD
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:07:09 -0700

Hi,

I am using ddd 3.3.1 with gdb 4.16 as the inferior debugger to debug a
remote
system.  I am using the "target remote" gdb command to connect to the
remote
system and debug my program.  The program in the remote system displays
prompt for entering some commands.  The prompt is of the form:

    xyzabcd>

When I connect to the remote system using ddd, I am not getting the full
prompt.  I am getting only some characters from the prompt.  Also, when
I try
to enter characters in the prompt, ddd consumes some characters.  Is
there any
setting in Ddd that I can set, so that I will get the all the output
from my
remote program on the debugger console?  Also, I don't want Ddd
interpret any
commands that I am sending to the remote program.

Note that if I use only gdb without Ddd, I don't have any of these
problems.
Also, if I use gdb within emacs, I don't have any of these problems.

Thanks,
Yegappan