ddd

Re: ddd supports detached threads?

From: Cal Erickson
Subject: Re: ddd supports detached threads?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:51:49 -0700

Tal Ninyo,
This is not a problem with DDD. It is a problem with
gdb and the underlying debugger support in Linux.
It turns out that the signals passed around when
multi-threading are not caught by the Linux  code
and the threads properly exited. Therefore they
become zombie processes. This has reportedly
been fixed by GDB 5.1. I personally have not tried
this version so I do not know for sure. I have been
working around this issue for months in a cross
development environment.

Cal Erickson