ddd

Re: Debugging with parameters

From: Thomas Huld
Subject: Re: Debugging with parameters
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 15:30:41 +0200

Andrej Jamsek <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everybody.
> I'm a newby in this list. I want to know how to debug a program with
> parameters. I was looking on documentation and probably missed the chapter
> describing my problem.
>  So can anybody tell me how to debug a program, which needs parameters on
> its run. Example: prog1 param1 param2 param3

You start ddd without the parameters (arguments):

        ddd prog1

Inside ddd (at the command prompt) you do:

        run param1 param2 param3

If you have to rerun the program inside ddd you can just do "run".
The same arguments will be used again.

Alternatively, you can choose "Run" from the "Program" menu. That gives
you a pop-up window with a field for the arguments.

That's all there is to it.

Thomas