ddd

Perl argument disappear when running under ddd

From: Jason Chen
Subject: Perl argument disappear when running under ddd
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 03:00:46

Hi,

I have soem problem debugging a perl program. I trace it and simplify that program to 2 lines, and found out it's the argument passing:

filename: trydata.pl

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
print @ARGV, "\n";

If I run:
trydata.pl -hello 1 -path 2 -data 3
It will print out:
-hello1-path2-data3

which is correct!

But if I run:
ddd trydata.pl -hello 1 -path 2 -data 3
It will print out:
-hello1-path23

The "-data" is missing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is "-data" some options for ddd ? I checked the ddd3.3.1 manual, it doesn't look like it. But if you try something like:
ddd -dkfjslfjsdk

Then ddd will tell you "gdb could not be started" and exit.
But if you run
ddd -data
The ddd actually brings up well.

So I am beginning to suspect that "-data" is some option of ddd.
Am I right?

I wonder if anybody can help me with this....

Thanks in advance.

JC