ddd

Re: Problem in making ddd

From: Andreas Zeller
Subject: Re: Problem in making ddd
Date: 09 Apr 2001 11:08:52 +0200

Hi!

address@hidden (Freddy Jensen) writes:

>  Shouldn't we add a comment to the ddd build instructions
>  about running the "strip" command on the ddd executable
>  for all platforms?

This is already described in the `INSTALL' file:

     As an alternative [to `make install'], you can also type

        $ make install-strip

     instead.  This installs a `stripped' variant of the DDD
     executable; this saves space but prevents you from getting
     detailed diagnostics in case of DDD errors.

--
Andreas Zeller     Universitaet Passau
                   http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/st/staff/zeller/