ddd

Re: Problem Building DDD

From: Tim Mooney
Subject: Re: Problem Building DDD
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:11:10 -0600 (CST)

In regard to: Problem Building DDD, Steven Bernard said (at 4:53pm on Mar...:

>The error I am having occurs when I run the configure script.  Here is
>the last few lines found in the log file where the error occurs:
>
>            checking for flex... no
>            checking for lex... no
>            ./configure: flex: command not found
>            checking for flex... lex
>            checking for yywrap in -ll... no
>            checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command
>not found
>            configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
>            configure: error: ./configure failed for ddd

The problem is that you have neither lex nor flex installed, and ddd's
build process requires one or the other (flex is a lex clone, with
many improvements).  You need to find what RPM flex is part of with
Mandrake, and install that RPM.  Then try configure again from scratch.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              address@hidden
Room 242-J1, IACC Building              (701) 231-8541 (Fax)