ddd

SIGSEGV for stack growth failure on HP-UX

From: Freddy Jensen
Subject: SIGSEGV for stack growth failure on HP-UX
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 16:06:07 -0800

Does anyone know what the possible problem could
be when I get this error on HP-UX:

Pid 29493 received a SIGSEGV for stack growth failure.
Possible causes: insufficient memory or swap space,
or stack size exceeded maxssiz.

It happens when I launch ddd-3.3 on HP-UX 10.20

It sounds like there is some environemnt variable
that I need to set to increase the stacksize, or
could it be something I need to set when I build
the program?

In desperation I tried to link in Motif statically
because I saw in the PROBLEMS file that it might
be necessary on HP-UX, but it did not help.

The machine should have plenty of memory and swapspace,
I think it has 256 MBytes of ram and 500MB of swapspace.

Thanks

Freddy