ddd

WHY?

From: Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer
Subject: WHY?
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:18:02 -0600

Why does ddd 3.2.1 fail to stop for my breakpoints? I just found that if
I leave out my command line arguments it stops. Trouble is its all about
command line arguments and they often have the form -n200,400 and my
code parses that into two values. Is the comma a stumbling block in
Linux? Works fine from the same source code in Watcom C and debugger.

I've been using Watcom and Borland debuggers for a long time, but when a
fundamental command fails in ddd I'm lost.

My build command line was:
gcc -g -o -s -w -lm -funsigned-char -oggifanix ggifanix.c

When I did that as root the program runs and produces proper results.
When I move it to a user it fails in several ways and I need to debug it
under that condition.

I'm running SUSE Linux 6.4 and KDE graphics interface, 200 MHz pentium
with 64 MB of RAM and about 8 GB of hard drive. No other tasks running.

If I work the sample in chapter 1 of the ddd pdf manual, it works
perfectly.

Gerald J.