ddd

[Ddd] ddd and dbx?

From: Don Blaheta
Subject: [Ddd] ddd and dbx?
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 16:44:51 -0400

I was just trying to use ddd (3.2) on the local system (Solaris 2.7),
along with dbx (4.0, as my executable was compiled with Sun CC 4.2).
ddd loads up dbx, gets through the libraries ("Reading symbolic
information for libfoo.so.1"), then dbx hangs without ever giving ddd a
prompt.  Also (and possibly unrelated) it gives an error to the terminal
I ran it from, saying "dbx: cannot get slave terminal settings: Invalid
argument".  Running dbx by itself doesn't have either problem.

I've spoken to the person who installed ddd here, but he was unhelpful
because he ran gdb, which doesn't seem to have this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
-=-Don address@hidden<http://www.cs.brown.edu/~dpb/>-=-
The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that