dchub-dev

[Dchub-dev] [Bug #3126] message loops with multihub-connections

From: nobody
Subject: [Dchub-dev] [Bug #3126] message loops with multihub-connections
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 01:46:47 -0400

=================== BUG #3126: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3126&group_id=3963

Changes by: Dirk Rieger <address@hidden>
Date: Mon 05/05/03 at 05:46 (GMT)

however - seems to work now

=================== BUG #3126: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: hhgoth                  Project: DcHub:  Hub software for Direct
Connect
Submitted on: Sat 04/05/03 at 18:55
Category:  None                       Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  None                      Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  ericprev                Status:  Open
Release:  0.4.1_CVS                   Platform Version:  None
Planned Release:  None                Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  I couldn't determine how this happened now, but suddenly
the messages became doublicated and resulting finally in flooding the hub until
the hub crashes...

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: Mon 05/05/03 at 05:46         By: hhgoth
however - seems to work now

Date: Thu 04/10/03 at 19:03         By: hhgoth
I've found 2 possible reasons for the message loops...
-> if you've 2 entrys for the same hub and one has an invalid Hub-ID (frequent
connection retrys to the invalid one)
or
-> in cause of users having a connection to both hubs before clustermode starts
and fequently reconnecting each client killed when connected twice with the
same nick

Date: Sun 04/06/03 at 11:10         By: hhgoth
yes, it's in cluster-mode only

Date: Sun 04/06/03 at 08:51         By: ericprev
does this problem occur in cluster mode only ?

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=3126&group_id=3963