dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] v3.1.1 causes system hangs & crashes on kernel 2.6.31

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] v3.1.1 causes system hangs & crashes on kernel 2.6.31 (Debian Etch)
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:36:20 +0200

On 2009-10-17, Bobyr Raisa Efimovna <address@hidden> wrote:
> The module:
>
> - builts successfully
> - load successfully
> - mounts successfully

You forget to mention if the included test program works
successfully. This is an important part of making sure DazukoFS is
working. Please try the included test program _before_ trying any
other Dazuko-based software.

> The problem occurs after loading & mounting :
>
> 1) a WEB-browser (Opera, IceWeasel) hangs on starting if has its
> cache in a dazuko-mounted directory
>
> 2) opening a BASH session of a user whose HOME directory is
> dazuko-mounted causes a kernel crash if AVIRA's avguard is running
> (against that directory).

I am using DazukoFS 3.1.1 with 2.6.31.4 and have DazukoFS mounted on
many directories:

$ mount | grep dazukofs
/home on /home type dazukofs (rw)
/opt on /opt type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/bin on /usr/bin type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/games on /usr/games type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/include on /usr/include type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/lib on /usr/lib type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/lib64 on /usr/lib64 type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/local on /usr/local type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/sbin on /usr/sbin type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/share on /usr/share type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/src on /usr/src type dazukofs (rw)
/usr/X11R6 on /usr/X11R6 type dazukofs (rw)

You'll notice that "/home" is one of them. I have never seen any
kernel errors. Some information about my system:

arch:       powerpc
distro:     Debian 5.0.2 (lenny/stable)
filesystem: ext4

Could you provide similar information about your system?

And most important, does running the test program cause the same
problems (when AVIRA is _not_ running)?

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer