dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Getting DazukoFS to work on 2.6.26

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Getting DazukoFS to work on 2.6.26
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 17:23:45 +0100

On 2009-02-08, Bas Verhoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
> Then yesterday I found a post on the Dazuko website that basically
> said that Dazuko will no longer be supported. At that point, I just
> gave up on Dazuko, and went to bed.
>
> Then the next day, after reading the post a bit more, I noticed the
> talks about DazukoFS.

Correct. It is not good that Dazuko 2.3.5 is shown as the current
stable version. As I wrote, the website will be changed to "fix" that
soon.

> Apparently this is some "stackable" filesystem that can basically do
> all the stuff that Dazuko can do (notifications on
> open/close/unlink/etc.), but does not require these kernel options
> that I mentioned above.

Right now DazukoFS only captures "open" events.

> Obviously, if that is true, I'm very interested in such a
> development. I tried to get it to work on my custom compiled kernel
> image: 2.6.26 (from kernel.org) with openvz patches. The kernel
> compiled fine, and I'm running it right now. Unfortunately, DazukoFS
> does not feel like installing:
>
> debian:/tmp/dazukofs-3.0.0-rc5# patch -p1 < patch-linux-2.6.26
> debian:/tmp/dazukofs-3.0.0-rc5# make
> /tmp/dazukofs-3.0.0-rc5/inode.c: In function 'dazukofs_permission':
> /tmp/dazukofs-3.0.0-rc5/inode.c:468: error: implicit declaration of
> function 'GET_LOWER_MNT'

This is due to an error in the patch. I don't have enough time to
check all possible versions. I've fixed the patch and uploaded a
3.0.0-rc6 version. Please try this version out.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer