Re: [Dazuko-devel] [xen-compile]Is there any patch for dazuko building o

From: errik
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] [xen-compile]Is there any patch for dazuko building on SLES10/11?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 13:44:25 +0800

Hi John,

     Thanks for your information. Now I have got  the VFS event type (sys_open sys_execve) in dazukofs_open by check the value of
file->f_flags.
      Here is another problem we can find from the README  "KNOWN ISSUES" section that is "It is not possible to stack DazukoFS over the root filesystem (/).". My problem is how can I monitor the file access under "/"?

Is there any possibile way to do this under current dazukofs design?

Thanks,
Eric

On 2010-11-18, errik <address@hidden> wrote:
> These days, I am trying to use the DazukoFS on my SuSE11, actually
> it works.
>
> But I have one problem:
>
> How to get the event type (such as open/close/execve) in user level
> application?

With DazukoFS, only "open" events are reported. There is no event type
because every event you receive is an open event.

You may be interested in [0] on the dazuko-help mailing list where Nil
Nik added close events to DazukoFS. Although Nil Nik claims that it is
working correctly, no patches to add this functionality were ever
posted.

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dazuko-help/2010-10/msg00006.html

John Ogness

--