[Dazuko-devel] Re: [Dazuko-help] It is dead?

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: [Dazuko-help] It is dead?
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:41:25 +0200

Note: This email is being cross-posted to dazuko-devel since it
      contains relevant development information.

On 2010-10-13, Frans de Boer <address@hidden> wrote:
> No progress, no resolution for the 2.6.35+ kernel....is there a
> change it will spark back to life or am I missing something?

The 2.6.36 kernel is about to be released. I don't plan on integrating
the already publicly available DazukoFS patches into a new version
until then. At that point I would also fix any new issues with 2.6.36.

2.6.36 is actually a very interesting kernel release because it will
include (for the first time) the fanotify interface. Although the
implementation is quite different, fanotify could be used as a
replacement for DazukoFS. And since it is now mainline Linux, one must
ask if DazukoFS should continue to exist.

I plan on writing test applications using fanotify to demonstrate that
fanotify can be a replacement for DazukoFS. If the applications indeed
show this (which I assume they will), then I will officially orphan
(or pass on maintenance of) DazukoFS (after fixing 2.6.36 issues).

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer