[Dazuko-devel] dazukofs-3.0.0 interrupted system calls

From: Frantisek Hrbata
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] dazukofs-3.0.0 interrupted system calls
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:39:38 +0100

Hi John,

I experimentally added support for dazukofs to our upcoming avg8
because I would like to make some performance comparison between
dazukofs and avflt. After dazukofs integration to our scanner I have
noticed that dazukofs_get_access returns a lots of -EINTR. I am using
dazukofs in a multi-threaded scanner and this error occurs only when
more then one thread is used. I wrote a simple showfiles_mt application
using dazukofs in several threads just to check out if the problem is in
my integration or in dazukofs. As I found out I can easily reproduce
this behavior with showfiles_mt. Also there is just a simple single
process example shipped within dazukofs package so I am not sure if I
am using it right. But as I peeked into the code I think my
integration is ok. I wasn't digging very deep, but I am pretty sure
the -ERESTARTSYS is returned by wait_event_freezable in
dazukofs_get_event. I just can not see what(signal?) is
interrupting it. Anyway I attached a patch for dazukofs-3.0.0 which adds
showfiles_mt so you should be able to reproduce it.

1) copy dazukofs-3.0.0-showfiles_mt.patch into the dazukofs-3.0.0
   source code

2) in the dazukofs-3.0.0 directory use
   $ patch -p1 < dazukofs-3.0.0-showfiles_mt.patch

3) now you can use showfiles_mt in the same way as showfiles

Could you please look at the showfiles_mt if my implementation is ok
or if there is a bug in dazukofs?

Thanx

-FH