Re: [Dazuko-devel] 7 Years of Dazuko [IMPORTANT]

From: Lino Sanfilippo
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 7 Years of Dazuko [IMPORTANT]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 20:38:43 +0100

John Ogness schrieb:
It should be clear what I mean by the word "stable" when I talk about
releasing DazukoFS before mainline acceptance. I define "stable" to
mean that the code has been tested and probably runs reliably. I do
_not_ define "stable" to mean that the interface will remain the same
(until mainline acceptance).
So we both mean the same. I think for the common user it is
important to at least have _something_ that runs stable.
Releases following may (probably will) be incompatible. I will use a
versioning scheme to help clearly show incompatibility changes.

For example:
3.0.x -> rc4-based interface
3.1.x -> interface based on current recommendations from LKML
3.2.x -> interface based on some future recommendations from LKML

Sounds very good.

Greetings,
Lino Sanfilippo

Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter: Tjark Auerbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Tettnang
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Ulm, HRB 630992
ALLGEMEINE GESCHÄFTSBEDINGUNGEN
Es gelten unsere Allgemeinen Geschäftsbedingungen
(AGB). Sie finden sie in der jeweils gültigen Fassung
im Internet unter http://www.avira.de/agb