[Dazuko-devel] showfiles.sh

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] showfiles.sh
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:55:58 +0100

Hi,

Just for fun I created a shell script that prints out all the files
being accessed in DazukoFS. It is essentially the same as the
"showfiles.c" example program, but is implemented in shell script.

The script makes use of a few external tools (sh, ls, grep, sed, echo)
so it is critical that these tools are _not_ stacked with
DazukoFS. (They are most likely located in /bin.)

The script is quite inefficient. But the fact that you can write a
shell script with some very basic UNIX tools to interact with DazukoFS
shows how simple the new userspace<->kernel protocol really is.

Of course, using libdazukofs.so is far more efficient and much
simpler. I just wanted to create the script to show that it can be
done. ;)

John Ogness

Dazuko Maintainer