Re: [Dazuko-devel] nullfs 0.0.3 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] nullfs 0.0.3 posted
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 08:44:08 +0200

On 2008-05-23, address@hidden wrote:
> I downloaded a copy of it but find the whole thing a bit beyond my
> level of understanding. Is there any documentation about stacking
> filesystems in Linux which would descibed general concepts,
> operations, problems? I mean, there just ain't enough comments in
> nullfs to figure out what's happening for someone new.

Hi Tvrtko,

Thanks for your comments. As a "next step" I'll be adding lots of
kerneldoc comments to the functions. I need to do this anyway before
posting it to LKML. I'll try to be as descriptive as possible, so that
someone looking at the code can understand how stackable filesystems
work. (After all, the main point of nullfs is for people to learn how
to build stackable filesystems.)

John

--
Dazuko Maintainer