Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.5-pre1 posted

From: Frantisek Hrbata
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.5-pre1 posted
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:16:11 +0100

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:24:46 +0200
"Alon Bar-Lev" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I install dazuko, clamav which monitors /home
> Then open vi with some file, exit vi, open it again with the same file.
> It complains that ~/.viminfo is corrupted, and it really is.

Hi,

this is RedirFS's problem. I tried it only with the DummyFLT and I was able
to reproduce this behavior. I looks like there is a problem with the
truncate_inode_pages function. It is used because of filters which need to
invalidate inode pages, like compress filter. I made a quick patch which
disables this. I have to look at this more carefully to find out what is really
happening, but it looks that this patch is fixing the problem.
The patch is attached.

1) copy truncate_inode_pages.patch to the redirfs's source directory
2) # patch < truncate_inode_pages.patch

Please let me know if it helps.

If you want I can release a new version 0.2.1 with this hot fix.

--
Regards,

Frantisek Hrbata
AVG Technologies