Re: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko's 6th birthday (Wiki)

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko's 6th birthday (Wiki)
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:36:58 +0100

On 2008-02-08, Alon Bar-Lev <address@hidden> wrote:
>> The current release of Dazuko uses LSM to intercept file access
>> events. As of 2.6.24, LSM modules may no longer be kernel
>> modules. They _must_ be statically compiled into the kernel.
>
> This may impose a serious problem with distributions... I don't know
> if I will be able to push this into Gentoo users this way, and
> Gentoo are one of the easiest with regards to patching.

Yes, it may cause problems for distributions. I am considering adding
a kernel parameter so that Dazuko can be dynamically activated at boot
(like SElinux). Then distributions would be able to include the patch,
but leave Dazuko disabled. Users could then easily enable it with
somthing like "dazuko=1" as a boot parameter.

The only alternative is to avoid LSM.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer