[Dazuko-devel] 2.2.1-pre2 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.2.1-pre2 posted
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 23:13:44 +0200

Hi,

I have posted a new pre-release for 2.2.1 that fixes a recently reported
problem when compiling Dazuko for a Linux kernel other than the one
currently running. I plan to release this version as the official stable
2.2.1 very shortly. Things have been pretty quiet lately, which I assume
means that 2.2.0 (or 2.2.1-pre1) are running very well.

Upcoming items:

- Adding patches submitted by Sami Tikka and Kevin Kofler that allow
Dazuko to hook system calls with 2.6. This will be available as a 2.3.0
pre-release, since it involves some significant changes. Although I
personally think moving back to system calls is not pretty, it will
allow a quick-n-dirty fix so that Dazuko can work around existing LSM
issues.

- Cleaning up the Dazuko 3.0 preview so that people can start playing
with DazukoFS. It is a bit crazy that this has been sitting in CVS for
over a month and is working correctly (on a technical level) but I
haven't had time to clean it up for the masses. I hope to get this out
(as an experimental preview release) sometime in June.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer