[Dazuko-devel] 2.2.1-pre1 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.2.1-pre1 posted
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:37:21 +0200

Hi,

I have posted the first pre-release for 2.2.1. This version adds support
for the lastest Linux 2.6.17-rc2 Linux kernel. It should now also be
easier to build Dazuko for Linux 2.6 when you have fresh kernel sources.
The Makefile includes the Linux 2.6 build tools as dependencies so that
they will be built if necessary.

There are a lot of patches waiting for me. Specifically integration of
system call hooking for Linux 2..6 and support for RedirFS. I would like
both of these feature to appear in the 2.3.0 version. I promise that I
will get to these eventually, but I am extremely busy lately.

The little free time that I have for Dazuko lately has been spent mainly
on DazukoFS development and stress testing. It is going extremely well
for Linux 2.6 and FreeBSD 6 and I am anxious to get it out as an
experimental preview release. It is still far from being complete, but
it has now been developed enough that it could be used for thinks such
as basic anti-virus protection.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer