[Dazuko-devel] execve syscall hooking

From: Sami Tikka
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] execve syscall hooking
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:52:17 +0200

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news: Syscall hooking in Linux 2.6 is done and it works.

Bad news: sys_execve hook does not work :)

The dazuko replacement for sys_execve does its magic and then, instead
of calling sys_execve, it inlines the sys_execve code, which involves a
call to do_execve, which does all the real work.

Unfortunately, it seems that do_execve is not an exported symbol in 2.6
kernels.

I do not quite understand the comments explaining why sys_execve cannot
be called directly in dazuko_linux.c. Could someone elaborate?

--
Sami Tikka                          tel: +358 9 2520 5115
Senior Software Engineer            fax: +358 9 2520 5013