[Dazuko-devel] Buggy close-modified events on Linux 2.4?

From: Tikka, Sami
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Buggy close-modified events on Linux 2.4?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:42:05 +0200

I'm playing with dazuko 2.1.1-pre1 and trying out the on-close-modified
event.

I've attached two "script" sessions on a RHEL3 system.

The close.script was run in one terminal window where I compiled and
installed dazuko and run the example program that watches for events in /tmp
directory

The modify.script was run in another terminal where I first created one file
in /tmp and then modified it.

As you can see in close.script, the first OPEN and CLOSE printouts are from
the creation of the file in /tmp. This is correct.

But the modification of the file in /tmp is weird. It results in 2 OPEN
events and 2 CLOSE events, no CLOSE(modified) events.

Am I missing something, doing something wrong or is there a bug?

--
Sami Tikka                tel. +358 9 2520 5115
senior software engineer  fax. +358 9 2520 5014