[Dazuko-devel] Re: Safety copy app based on Dazuko?

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: Safety copy app based on Dazuko?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 11:11:39 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
    I hope writing directly to you not on dazuko forum is
not violating of your privacy ;)

Hi,

I hope replying on the dazuko-devel mailing list isn't violating yours. ;)

I'm asking for your help with certain application I'm
attempting to incorporate in the development environment.
My goal is to intercept system calls concerning operations
on files in assumed path and create backup copies of those
files. I'm using 2.6.11-rsbac-r2-rsbac kernel with dazuko
2.0.6. So far I bumped into two major problems:

- dazuko won't report ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED even but I am
familiar with this issue. My question is - what would
you recommend in this case? Is there any advantage of moving to another version of Dazuko or kernel/OS?

Because of how Dazuko currently hooks into the kernel, ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED is too unreliable. My recommendation would be to implement this test yourself in userspace (for example, using the stat(2) function). This event may return for the 2.2.x version of Dazuko.

- I'm also getting no reports on "mv" operations. As far
as I'm concerned this is based on link/unlink operations,
which I guess should be reported by current version of
Dazuko module (at least I'm getting correct reports on
unlink) ?

A "mv" is not a link/unlink (unless it is across partitions). This operation may be supported in 2.2.x. I do not want to add new system calls to the 2.0.x or 2.1.x versions of Dazuko.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer