[Dazuko-devel] Re: Dazuko application

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: Dazuko application
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:22:05 +0100

Benjamin Adler wrote:
I just finished creating a small homepage for my first c++/qt/kde tool,
which uses dazuko for file change notification. The homepage is
http://politbuero.dyndns.org/~ben/imageserver, or
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=20829 for the kde-apps
entry. If you'd like, you can add it to the dazuko-applications-page.

I have included it on the Dazuko Applications page.

The app is released under gpl, links against dazuko and even has some
dazuko-files in its .tar.gz. Thats ok, right?

You should also include the LICENSE.bsd file in the "libdazuko" directory. This way people can see what license it is under.

I would also recommend including source files instead of compiled .o and .a files. Those object files may not work if someone has different system libraries than you.

Do you already know if/when dazuko will properly report ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED
events on linux 2.6? I'm supposed to install imageserver at a customer in
mid-march, and I'm currently using an ugly and unreliable hack to make up
for the lack of the ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED event.

Dazuko's support for Linux 2.6 won't include CLOSE events until the 2.2.x series. Hopefully we will have a pre-release of 2.2.0 sometime before June.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer