Re: [Dazuko-devel] Check Virus when download?

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Check Virus when download?
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:13:52 -0600

fred wu wrote:
>   I have encountered a big problem in dazuko. I have
> execute the example.c to monitor /usr/local/src. It
> work well when I copy file to the directory. However,
> dazuko doesn't check the file that I download from the
> internet. No PID and filename is shown. Do I need to
> set extra things?

This is usually because there was no file access in that directory.
Browsers usually download files into a temporary directory and then use
the rename() system call to move the file into the final destination.
This means that no "file access" actually took place in that
directory... only in the temporary directory.

>   Does it work if I download file from samba or NFS?

Yes, this should work just fine.

>   One more thing, I have copy, delete and execute file
> in the directory. The status is just OPEN or CLOSE.How
> can I set the status like 'CLOSE(MODIFIED)',
> 'EXEC','UNLINK' and 'RMDIR'?

Check out the options for the 'configure' script:

./configure --help

Not all the events are enabled by default. After running the configure
script, it lists which events were enabled.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer