[Dazuko-devel] 2.0.1-pre2 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.1-pre2 posted
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:52:23 +0100

Hi,

I have posted a new pre-release of 2.0.1. This version addresses three bugs that were reported:

1. "make test" for Linux 2.6 was using dazuko.o instead of dazuko.ko

2. if registration failed for Linux 2.6 (because a security module was already registered), the /dev/dazuko device was not unregistered

3. Linux 2.2.x and 2.4.[0-7] could not compile Dazuko because of missing snprintf functions in the kernel

All three of these items have been fixed. Thanks for pointing these problems out to me. With Dazuko expanding to so many systems, it makes it easier for platform-specific problems to creep in.

At CeBIT this year I met with RSBAC's Amon Ott. We went through some code together and I think I will be able to get Dazuko running on an RSBAC kernel pretty soon. This is big news for Dazuko and RSBAC!

I have also been getting a lot of feedback and patches sent to me lately. Please be patient if you don't see your code/ideas showing up right away. I take every submission and idea very seriously. Lately I find myself having to do a lot of "balancing work" to try and figure out how and when I can get these things implemented.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer