Re: [Dazuko-devel] Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko and Linux 2.6

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko and Linux 2.6
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:10:16 +0100

Hi,

It's not too bad. With some hacking, I actually ported the most of it to 2.6
and had the entire thing at least compiling before I noticed the
sys_call_table problem. It's getting kind of ugly with 3 levels of ifdefs
though.... I am going to see if there is a better way of handling the
version dependent stuff.

One of the things I will be doing is getting rid of the #ifdefs within the code. This can be done by defining empty, do-nothing items for the versions that do not have these items. I would like the actual code to reflect the 2.6 version and use defines at the top so that 2.2 and 2.4 will work with that code.

Or maybe you would consider phasing out 2.2 support? I mean is there really
a lot people still using it?

I am still getting requests to port to 2.0. :)

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer