[Dazuko-devel] working on 1.1.2-pre3

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] working on 1.1.2-pre3
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:32:09 +0100

Hi,

The 1.1.2 release version will be composed completely of work submitted from other developers (work that I did not do). pre1 included Danilo Massa's patch for the new RedHat kernel support. pre2 included Andre Duclos' patch for devfs support.

pre3 will include optimization efforts submitted by Swade. The optimizations deal with the ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED event (in the 1.0.2 version). This means I will be bringing back the ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED event (and the ON_EXEC event), however they will only be active if defined. In fact, I will be adding defines for all events:

-DON_OPEN_SUPPORT
-DON_CLOSE_SUPPORT
-DON_EXEC_SUPPORT
-DON_CLOSE_MODIFIED_SUPPORT

These options will allow people to compile Dazuko for specific events. ON_EXEC_SUPPORT will be turned off by default because this code is known to cause some instability issues in the kernel. ON_CLOSE_MODIFIED_SUPPORT will be turned off by default because there is a problem overwriting the sys_write call for kernels with the gr_security patch. However, people will be able to easily turn these events on if they want.

I am hoping that pre3 is done within the next couple days. I want to get 1.1.2 officially released this week, because after that I am going on vacation for a month, so nothing will be done probably until February.

Speaking of February, Dazuko's 1 year birthday is on 5 Feb. I gotta do something cool, ya know? Any ideas?

John Ogness