criawips-devel

[devel] Why should the editing canvas do animation?

From: Nadav Rotem
Subject: [devel] Why should the editing canvas do animation?
Date: 25 Jun 2003 22:43:22 +0300

Yo!

I went over sven's discussion of why agnubis failed and I came up with a
few questions and suggestions. First is regarding the diacanvas and the
animation. It seems to me that there should be two types of canvases.
first is the editing canvas and second is the presenting canvas. so only
when presenting do we need to have the animation feature and not when
editing. From what I understand its not that hard to implement a canvas
that does nothing but rendering the internal data structure, even with
animation. On the other hand editing seems a little more tricky.

so , basically I suggest adding another canvas for displaying in full
screen what we have created with the editor.

This time around with the help of people like Jody and Dom I am very
optimistic about the future of criawips.