crack-attack-devel

Re: [crack-attack-devel] Fwd: About crack-attack (KDE4 port)

From: Hugo Parente Lima
Subject: Re: [crack-attack-devel] Fwd: About crack-attack (KDE4 port)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 04:45:34 -0200

On Jan 30, 2008 3:00 AM, Kevin Webb <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 01:38:23 -0500
> "Andrew Sayman" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> We need to get Hugo on the dev list!

I'm on the mailing list now.

> > > - How do you expect the six player mode to work?
> >
> > Simple, like tetrinet, pressing the keys 2-6 you choose who you will
> > attack, so again like tetrinet you can play with teams too.
>
> That sounds interesting.  I can think of another potential option for
> 3+ players, and it would be a "last player standing" free for all game
> in which garbage goes to everyone, and the winner is the one who
> survives longest.  If we can support the tetrinet style, we can
> probably do this too.

Yeah, I think that this will work nice too.

> Indeed, I really think we should do a single source.  Andrew's point
> about fragmentation is very true, and I'd hate to see yet another
> (potentially incompatible) Crack-attack out there.

You are right, single source code base is the way.

> > Ah... I'm that guys that hate autotools... maybe because I never had
> > enough patience to learn it... so I also changed the building tool to
> > cmake (www.cmake.org).
>
> I haven't used cmake myself, but I've heard a lot of good things about
> it.  I wouldn't be opposed to learning it and switching to it, assuming
> nobody else minds.  I've never particularly liked the autotools either.

I sent some CMake files to Andrew, probably they still need some
fixes, but at least they work =]

> Just thought I'd throw my two cents in there.  Nice to meet you Hugo!

Nice to meet you too.

--
Hugo Parente Lima
"Precisamos de mais gĂȘnios humildes no mundo, hoje somos poucos!"