crack-attack-devel

Re: [crack-attack-devel] Status on 1.1.15

From: Andrew Sayman
Subject: Re: [crack-attack-devel] Status on 1.1.15
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:19:06 -0400

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Sunday 20 August 2006 14:47, Andrew Sayman wrote:
There's going to be a bit of a delay on this release until we can sort
something out. In CVS the version of ENet we have isn't working on amd64
anymore. I don't have a 64-bit box and Webb is a little busy with other
things right now. If anybody out there is running on amd64 and can get us
any information on where crack-attack is locking up it would be great.

perhaps some info on how to reproduce the lockup ? this a network-only issue i imagine ?

So far we have one known case that reproduces it every time: A 64-bit client to a 32-bit server. There may be others, but the game locks up almost immediately after starting to actually play the game. I suspect it happens around the time that the first unreliable packet is sent, which should be the first time that either player makes a combo that should generate garbage.

Andrew Sayman