cplay-dev

Re: [cplay-dev] Revival for real, seeking previous work

From: Tomi Pieviläinen
Subject: Re: [cplay-dev] Revival for real, seeking previous work
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:32:51 +0200

Daniel's missing mail.

----- Forwarded message from Daniel Michalik <address@hidden> -----

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:32:18 +0100

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 01:56:58AM -0800, spiralofhope wrote:
> cplay using mplayer with speed-control and equalizer support
> http://www.argafal.de/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=projcplay&nolog=0&comp=1

Yes, that was a patch written by me. And I just noticed the links to the
files didn't work anymore - this is fixed now.

- The patch includes support to use mplayer and control the mplayer playback
speed using a fifo. I needed speed control for teaching and that was the
easiest way I could find to implement it.

- It also allows one to use an audiofilter of mplayer to send the
audio stream through an equalizer, equalizer settings can be defined through
.cplayrc.

- Furthermore a minor bug
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=375060)
was fixed and the fifo creation improved to allow for multiple instances
of cplay at the same time.

I would love to see the project more vivid again and these patches to be
integrated in a feature version. However this was my first (and only)
work using python - hence please review carefully.

Kind regards,
     -daniel-