Re: consider using latest autoconf for upcoming release?

From: Pádraig Brady
Subject: Re: consider using latest autoconf for upcoming release?
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 12:59:54 +0100

On 27/03/2023 02:27, Jim Meyering wrote:
Hi Pádraig,

I recently made the grep-3.10 release using the very latest autoconf
(built from master). I'm preparing to make an autoconf snapshot, and
hopefully soon after, a "stable" 2.73 release. So far, no one has
reported any issue with grep-3.10, but it has significantly less
autoconf coverage than coreutils.

What do you think about using either autoconf's master or the imminent
snapshot when preparing coreutils-9.3?

My thinking for the last few releases was to always
use the latest versions from the latest version of Fedora.
If 2.73 is being cut though, it makes sense to align with that.
We're due a 9.3 release very soon anyway, so it does make sense to align these.

thanks,
Pádraig