coreutils

wc --no-total option

From: David Pinto
Subject: wc --no-total option
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 00:49:16 +0100

Hi

A couple of years ago [1] someone made a feature request for a wc
option that would skip the total line when processing multiple files.
I didn't see anyone commenting against it and it is something that I'm
constantly hacking with `head -n-1`.

I've attached a patch that implements a new `--no-total` option to wc.
I believe this patch to be trivial enough that I can't claim copyright
for anything.

Best regards
David

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2015-11/msg00064.html