Re: building old coreutils versions on new glibc systems

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: building old coreutils versions on new glibc systems
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 18:55:41 -0600

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 09:35:01PM +0200, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
> On 8/2/19 9:05 AM, Jim Meyering wrote:
> > Nice work. I've had to go through this process a few times over the
> > years, and having these handy patch files checked in and maintained
> > would make it easier to automate the process.

> While this work is definitely worth keeping, I'm only 20:80 to add
> something to the current (and future) version which belongs to older
> versions.
>
> What about either uploading it to the FTP, or even better to add it
> to the web pages' CVS?

Adding it as a page to the website sounds good (it will also be easy
for people to find using common search engines).
I don't like the FTP idea so much - not very accesible unless you
know exactly what you're looking for.

Attached is a possible HTML page (and the patches in a subdirectory).

Comments welcomed,
 - assaf