classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] MimeBodyPart.saveFile() troubles

From: foo
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] MimeBodyPart.saveFile() troubles
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:59:28 -0700

Hi, I am using the MimeBodyPart.saveFile(File) method. It seems that when I use this on a Base64-encoded body part, that it would save a file with the Base64 encoding, instead of decoding it to the original data.

I also found that if I comment out the following line in the method, that it would save the file with the correctly decoded data:
//out = MimeUtility.encode(out, getEncoding());

And it indeed seems that this line is counterproductive, because (pardon if I am wrong) this line re-encodes back into Base64 the decoded data that is sent to "out" by the rest of the method.

I am using the Debian package libgnumail-java 1.1.2-2.

Thanks,