classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Exception when listing all NNTP folders

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Exception when listing all NNTP folders
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:49:23 +0100

Hash9 wrote:
When attempting to list all NNTP folders on news.mozilla.org I get the
following Exception.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -1
        at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
        at gnu.inet.nntp.GroupIterator.nextGroup(GroupIterator.java:86)
        at gnu.mail.providers.nntp.NNTPRootFolder.list(
                NNTPRootFolder.java:97)
        at javax.mail.Folder.list(Folder.java:290)
Java Result: 1

Any help would be appreciated.

It looks like news.mozilla.org is returning an invalid response to the GROUP command. I'll add some more useful exception information, but for the time being perhaps you could try using tcpflow or something to see what it's actually returning.
--
Chris Burdess