Re: can Mauve help me test a PersonalJava implementation?

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: can Mauve help me test a PersonalJava implementation?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:31:22 +0200

Steven Schwarz wrote:

So I guess my question about whether I can use Mauve in the
environment I need to is made equivalent to whether I can find a
compiler that will compile Mauve producing classes with version
strictly before 46.0.  Any suggestions for such a compiler?  I've only
ever used Sun (or blackdown) JDKs.  Will Jikes help?

Hallo stefan.

you can usually pass the compiler a flag to tell it to generate class files for an older VM. -source or -target depending on the compiler.

cheers,
dalibor topic