Re: DST related Calendar regression

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: DST related Calendar regression
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:03:21 +0100

Hi Noa,

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 17:38, Noa Resare wrote:
> The attached patch implements a behavior when the value of DST_OFFSET is
> calculated as a function of the value of getTimeZone() and the current
> time except when the user explicitly sets DST_OFFSET. In that case the
> value of DST_OFFSET overrides the value derived from the timezone.

I agree with your analyses and have checked in your patch. But with a
little more explicit ChangeLog entry:

2004-10-31  Noa Resare  <address@hidden>

        * java/util/Calendar.java (explicitDSTOffset): New instance field.
        (set(int,int)): Set and use new field.
        (set(int,int,int)): Check new field.

> The patch doesn't have any mauve regressions as verified by my testdiff
> [2] tool.
> 2) http://resare.com/noa/testdiff/

That is a very nice tool!

> ps. This also fixes DateFormatTest regression in kaffe.

Should/Could these tests be added to mauve?
Then other hackers will also run them more regularly when updating the
GNU Classpath class library.

Thanks,

Mark

BTW. Please send (proposed) patches to address@hidden