Re: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Moving system properties to gnu.classpath.*
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:18:21 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2004 17:04 schrieb Jeroen Frijters:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > Couldn't we solve that by splitting off the dealing with
> > properties into a static inner class of System instead?
>
> That might help a little bit, but it would still require many
> classes to initialize to access the properties (because it would
> have to be reflection based and use AccessController.doPrivileged).

Sorry, but as long as I don't see any code and code I can't really
judge about it. From what you said it seems to me its needs bad hacks
like special treating of gnu.classpath package in the VM and/or
native methods to circumvent security. Native methods are not allowed
everywhere. So this is bad for classpath too.

Michael.
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/