Re: Classpath compilation error in javax/swing/plaf/BorderUIResource.jav

From: Stephen Crawley
Subject: Re: Classpath compilation error in javax/swing/plaf/BorderUIResource.java
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 23:38:45 +1000

Michael wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 8. Juni 2003 17:00 schrieb Stephen Crawley:
> > Michael,
> >
> > Your recent changes included a change that gives compilation errors
> > in:
> >
> >   javax/swing/plaf/BorderUIResource.java
> >
> > Jikes says that CompoundBorder does not provide the constructor
> > used by the inner class CompoundBorderUIResource.
> >
> > The following patch makes the compilation error go away.  Could you
> > apply it (or something less bogus) ASAP
>
> Well, I try compiling whole classpath with jikes before every commit
> and it worked always it seems either your tree is not uptodate or the
> CVS server munged something. I think its the second because I cannot
> access the server anymore.

Michael,

The Classpath CVS repository is now working fine, and I have carefully
resync'd and the problem is still there.  In fact it has gotten worse,
as your latest change to BorderFactory.java has resulted in the same error
occuring in that file as well.

Here is what Jikes says:

Found 1 semantic error compiling "../javax/swing/BorderFactory.java":

   312.     return new CompoundBorder (outsideBorder, insideBorder);
                   <---------------------------------------------->
*** Error: No match was found for constructor
  "CompoundBorder(javax.swing.border.Border, javax.swing.border.Border)".

Found 1 semantic error compiling "../javax/swing/plaf/BorderUIResource.java":

   153.           super (outsideBorder, insideBorder);
                  <---------------------------------->
*** Error: No match was found for constructor
  "CompoundBorder(javax.swing.border.Border, javax.swing.border.Border)".

In the 'head' revision of CompoundBorder.java, there is no two parameter
constructor.  [The revision is 1.3, and was last updated on Tue Apr 30
21:37:27 2002 UTC by 'mark'.]

I've checked this every way I know, including explicitly removing
and checking out new copies of the offending file, checking the CVS
log for the file and examining the file via "viewcvs" on savannah.
I'm 100% sure that the problem is a real one, and not a figment of
my imagination.

-- Steve