Re: [Sablevm-user] SableVM libffi

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [Sablevm-user] SableVM libffi
Date: 07 Jan 2003 17:56:50 -0500

David Paul BELANGER <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I was able to compile it and install it independently for Mac OS X from
> the GCC source.
>

> GNU/Debian compiles it as an independent package that can be installed.
>
> >From the libffi package page:
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/devel/libffi2-dev.html
> They get the gcc sources and apply a diff.  If you are familiar with the
> Debian process, it is probably possible to look at how it's done.
>
> David

Yeah, I did an update on my checkout of gcc and did this too.  I ran
into the problem of being unable to create the vm because I think of
my Jikes being 1.18 and not 1.15.  I tried compiling 1.15 but it
didn't compile with gcc 3.2 so I've had to abandon my hopes of trying
out SableVM for a little while.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>