CHICKEN meeting in June

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: CHICKEN meeting in June
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 11:52:08 +0100

Hello!

I'd like to organize a CHICKEN meeting at the start of June
in the place where I live. Our regular live meetings were
always a lot of fun, and I think it would be nice to pick this
tradition up again.

The plan is currently to have the event on the first weekend of
June 2023. The location is a village in central Germany[1], called
Ziegenhagen, roughly between Göttingen and Kassel.  The place is
easily reached by car (the A7 motorway is near) and there are 2
train-stations around 5m away (by car). I can pick up travellers
from there, if you contact me aarly enough. There is nothing much
going on here, so we can concentrate on hacking, talking and perhaps
the odd presentation about something you are interested in (usually
CHICKEN related, or perhaps just inspirating).

Accomodation can be organized, there are a number of boarding
houses in the village and in the direct neighbourhood and I will
enquire about prices and availability beforehand once I have an
idea about the number of attendees.

Anyway, I would be delighted to see some of the CHICKEN hackers
and everybody interested in joining us and learn more about the
project.

If you'd like to join, please drop me a note, giving your name
or nick, so that I get a rough idea about the expected number
of participants, which lets me plan accomodation and food.
The main event will be from 2nd to 4th of June, perhaps stretched
a few days in one or two directions. I'm just in the planning
phase yet.

[1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=51.3650&lon=9.7540