Re: New Egg: posix-regex

From: Sören Tempel
Subject: Re: New Egg: posix-regex
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 15:01:07 +0100

Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com> wrote:
> I've been working on something along those lines myself, in fits and
> starts.  I haven't gotten too far with it, but my basic idea is to make
> a library of data structures and functions suitable for creating
> ed-style interfaces where the basic metaphor is a buffer of lines.

My basic idea is to write a POSIX ed(1) implementation which is
extensible through a library interface which allows defining custom
editor commands through provided macros and parser combinators. If you
are interested, you can find the source code at:

        https://github.com/nmeum/edward

By now the editor is largely compatible with the POSIX ed(1)
specification. As such, I also have a "buffer of lines" abstraction with
POSIX ed undo support in `lib/buffer.scm`.

Greetings,
Sören