Re: New Egg: posix-regex

From: Chris Brannon
Subject: Re: New Egg: posix-regex
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 16:43:13 -0700

Sören Tempel <soeren@soeren-tempel.net> writes:

> I initially extracted this code from an ed(1) implementation which I am
> writing atm in R7RS Scheme, which is why the posix-regex code is also
> still R7RS. I suppose it should indeed be possible to get rid of the
> dependency. I will keep this in mind as an enhancement for a future
> version of posix-regex :)

Interesting that you are working on an ed implementation in Scheme.

I've been working on something along those lines myself, in fits and
starts.  I haven't gotten too far with it, but my basic idea is to make
a library of data structures and functions suitable for creating
ed-style interfaces where the basic metaphor is a buffer of lines.

-- Chris