Re: Reository Path, FAQ, and Index Questions

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: Reository Path, FAQ, and Index Questions
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 07:24:11 -0800

> On Nov 15, 2021, at 6:06 AM, Christian Himpe
> <christian.himpe@uni-muenster.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask how I can programmatically determine the system location
> of eggs?

shell: chicken-install -repository

scheme: (import (chicken platform)) (repository-path)

> I ask because if I installed an egg to a user directory and I want to use the
> system's eggs as well as the user egg, it seems I need to have the system's
> and the user egg repository in the CHICKEN_REPOSITORY_PATH environment
> variable. As the system's location may differ among operating systems, I
> would like to determine this path from the command line and add it by script.
>
> Also, is it possible that the "How can I install CHICKEN eggs to a
> non-default location?" section of the "Frequently Asked Question":
>
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/faq#how-can-i-install-chicken-eggs-to-a-non-default-location
>
> is out of date? "chicken-install -init" and "(repository-path ...)" seem not
> be available in CHICKEN Scheme 5.2, unless I am using it incorrectly.

that reads like CHICKEN 4 so out-of-date

> Lastly, I would like to ask if CHICKEN Scheme has a function/symbol index, as
> for example Chez Scheme has:
>
> https://www.scheme.com/csug8/csug_1.html
>
> and I just overlooked it?

the wiki manual has no index

chicken-doc can be useful here: chicken-doc -m remprop ;=> (chicken plist
remprop!)  (remprop! SYMBOL PROPERTY)

(chicken-doc is an egg, though)