Re: Guidance requested for debugging import problem.

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: Re: Guidance requested for debugging import problem.
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:58:56 +0100

> Thanks Felix for looking. Both run with -:d and attached.
>
> I only see the following loading calls in dashboard.log:

> chicken.time.import.so ...
> [debug] loading compiled library
> /home/matt/data/buildall/ck5.2/lib/chicken/11/chicken.time.import.so
> (0x0000555a9a701260)
> [debug] entering toplevel...

I'm not sure I fully understand the problem here, but these look strange:

[debug] entering apimod.import...
[debug] entering debugprint.import...
[debug] entering mtargs.import...
[debug] entering commonmod.import...
[debug] entering configfmod.import...
[debug] entering bigmod.import...

Are import-libraries compiled as modules? I think there might be a problem
with your build system - these messages indicate the modules of the names
given are compiled as library units / toplevel proceduresm which shouldn't be.
Import libraries are auxiliary files that are loaded or included, but do not
represent separate toplevel procedures. The latter are only created for library
units
and modules. Please check how the shown files (apimod, etc.) are compiled
and with what options.